Thursday 28 April 2016

"HOW I MADE MY FIRST RM100,000!"


"The more you learn, the more you earn" 

I achieved my first RM100k after 3 years of employment through consistent learning, saving & investing. After graduating from university, I entered the job market at age 22. My first pay was RM2,200, after deducting from EPF / Socso, my net pay was around RM1,900. That's is how low it is... 

After working for several months, I realized that there is no such thing as job security in the labour market. Your manager / boss can just fire you anytime (MAS, Megasteel). In addition, I dislike reporting to someone, and the need to follow instructions especially if its not a good one. Also, I recalled some colleagues were complaining about the skyrocketing property price, and so I went to my office desk and did some calculation. I realized that I could not buy a decent property if I were to continue my way of life. My yearly increment is only 5%, and after 2-3 years of work, the promotion is another 5%. That is when I realized its time to do something serious about it. Simple maths would tell me merely relying on employment would not bring significant change in my life. And I am always at my management's mercy. 

IMMEDIATE STEPS:

1) I commit to SAVE at least RM1,000 every month. With my low salary, it is really difficult to save. However, it is a COMMITMENT and not merely a want. In order to save, that means only economy rice (rm5 to 6) for lunch everyday, forget about restaurants. In order to save, that means no overseas vacation, only domestic travel. No shopping, no car purchase (walk / public transport), no gym membership etc.  

2) I commit to increase my INCOME by giving tuitions and workshops. At that time, I knew how to make rm100k in 3 to 4 years, and shared that to others who are willing to take a chance on me with a fee. Am grateful and thankful for the support. In addition, I sold unit trust funds too. 

3) I commit to LEARN. I started to read financial books, and attended numerous financial talks (sometimes I have to take a cab / bus just to attend a talk). Educating myself is a must in order to get ideas on what I needed to do in order to make that change. I even attended free unit trust classes and follow closely the analysis of unit trust agents who are very good in picking good funds. The class is free as I am an agent too (Now you know why I am a unit trust consultant then huh :P)        

4) I commit to INVEST. After learning how to invest, it is time to pull the trigger. I invested in shares and unit trust and monitor their performance. Of course mistakes are made along the way, but never say never. Keep learning and have confidence to do it again and again, till I make it. 

5) At age 24, after 3 years in employment, I managed to make my first RM100,000. Am grateful for that, the journey has been an amazing one. The struggles are definitely worth it. As some say, "the bitter the struggles, the SWEETER the victory." 


That was also the year I completed the Master's Degree!


And the year I published my first Financial Book :)

WHAT ABOUT NOW:
To be frank, I am still doing all the above except I pamper myself more now. Every weekend, I would dine in restaurants and go for overseas vacation once or twice a year with my passive income. I love shopping once in a while. I go for "Go-Karting" and rock climbing too. 

I do keep track of my spending though, just to make sure I am not carried away by the world. 

THE PLAN FOR THE FUTURE
The plan is to be FOCUS and remain DISCIPLINE in learning, earning, saving and investing. It is important to allow the 8th wonders of the world to work, and that is the "POWER OF COMPOUNDING".

So what about you? How is your journey?

I wish your journey is an amazing one as well.

Please "LIKE" and "SHARE" my page in Facebook (George Leong's Investment Journey). 

Do register for Saturday's (5 November 2016) "FREE FINANCIAL SHARING SESSION" at Subang Jaya, 10am to 12pm with the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/juEU5keEN1jrnZLC3   
.  
Join us and learn:
(a) How You Can Buy A Property at AGE 22!
(b) How You Can Have RM100,000 Net Worth by AGE 25!

Take Massive Action in your sweet twenties! :) 

13 comments:


  1. Hello, Do you need a loan from The most trusted and reliable company
    in the world? if yes then contact us now for we offer loan to all
    categories of seekers be it companies or for staff usage. We offer
    loan at 3% interest rate, Contact us via Whats app +919205646839
    mohanmendcompany01@gmail.com

    LOAN SEEKERS APPLICATION FORM
    ******************************
    1) Full Name:
    2) Gender:
    3) Loan Amount Needed:
    4) Loan Duration:
    5) Country:
    6) Home Address:
    7) Mobile Number:
    8) Fax Number:
    9) Occupation:
    10) Monthly Income:
    11) Salary Date:
    12) Purpose of loan:
    13) Where did you get our loan advertisement:
    mohanmendcompany01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete



  2. Hello, Do you need a loan from The most trusted and reliable company
    in the world? if yes then contact us now for we offer loan to all
    categories of seekers be it companies or for staff usage. We offer
    loan at 3% interest rate, Contact us via Whats app +919205646839
    mohanmendcompany01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you need a loan? It is a registered, guaranteed and certified loan company, we provide loans to individuals, companies, companies, business organizations and people all over the world. Do you need a loan for any purpose? Whether you have a financial problem, whether you need financial assistants, Greencares Macro Finance loan firm is the solution to all your financial problems, our loans are easy, cheap and fast. Contact us today to get this loan, we can arrange any loan for your budget at just 3% interest. interested applicants must contact us by email macroservicesline@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do You Need a Loan? Are you in Urgent Need of funds? Then we are here to help
    you. We are a reputable, legitimate & registered company. Approved by the
    Government, We give out Loans to individuals and cooperate bodies ranging from
    $5,000.00-Dollars (Five Thousand Dollars) to $50,000,000.00 (Fifty Million
    Dollars). We Rendered loan Services include:
    *Refinance
    *Home Improvement
    *Inventor Loans
    *Auto Loans
    *Debt Consolidation
    *Line of Credit
    *Second Mortgage
    *Business Loans
    *Personal Loans
    *International Loans
    ETC.
    For more details on how to get started with your desire loan amount, Please
    kindly contact us via the below email if you are interested to obtain your
    desire loan amount with us.
    Contact us vai this email: macroservicesline@gmail.com
    We await your quick response.
    Thanks And God Bless You..,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Esteems,

    We are Offering best Global Financial Service rendered to the general public with maximum satisfaction,maximum risk free. Do not miss this opportunity. Join the most trusted financial institution and secure a legitimate financial empowerment to add meaning to your life/business.

    Contact Dr. James Eric Firm via
    Email: fastloanoffer34@gmail.com
    Whatsapp +918929509036
    Best Regards,
    Dr. James Eric.
    Executive Investment
    Consultant./Mediator/Facilitator

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a certified and a registered financial service lender i give out loan of all kinds in a very fast and easy way, Home financial service , Student financial service , Business financial service , Investor financial service etc.i offer financial service to every individuals, firms, and company that are in need of financial assistance i in a low interest rate of 2%. Dear readers you should note that this offer is for serious minded individual, firms and companies.Do not let this opportunity pass you by.get your finances to solve your financial problems.email bullsindia187@gmail.com
    Ronnie Finance Ltd
    Call us : +918130061433
    Whatsapp : +1(254)244 2273
    https://wa.me/918130061433
    Dr. Osman Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a certified and a registered financial service lender i give out loan of all kinds in a very fast and easy way, Home financial service , Student financial service , Business financial service , Investor financial service etc.i offer financial service to every individuals, firms, and company that are in need of financial assistance i in a low interest rate of 2%. Dear readers you should note that this offer is for serious minded individual, firms and companies.Do not let this opportunity pass you by.get your finances to solve your financial problems.email bullsindia187@gmail.com
    Ronnie Finance Ltd
    Call us : +918130061433
    Whatsapp : +1(254)244 2273
    https://wa.me/918130061433
    Dr. Osman Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a certified and a registered financial service lender i give out loan of all kinds in a very fast and easy way, Home financial service , Student financial service , Business financial service , Investor financial service etc.i offer financial service to every individuals, firms, and company that are in need of financial assistance i in a low interest rate of 2%. Dear readers you should note that this offer is for serious minded individual, firms and companies.Do not let this opportunity pass you by.get your finances to solve your financial problems.email bullsindia187@gmail.com
    Ronnie Finance Ltd
    Call us : +918130061433
    Whatsapp : +1(254)244 2273
    https://wa.me/918130061433
    Dr. Osman Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Contact Us At : clemalphafinance@gmail.com
    Phone number :+91-9818603391 (Whatsapp Only)

    LOAN SERVICES AVAILABLE INCLUDE:
    ================================
    *Commercial Loans.
    *Personal Loans.
    *Business Loans.
    *Investments Loans.
    *Development Loans.
    *Acquisition Loans .
    *Construction loans.
    *Credit Card Clearance Loan
    *Debt Consolidation Loan
    *Business Loans And many More:

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....

    Contact Us At clemalphafinance@gmail.com
    Phone number :+91-9818603391 (Whatsapp Only)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We offer the best conditions for rapid credit. No guarantees or delay, quickly and safely, and with maximum flexibility so you can repay your loan in the best conditions for you. Do not hesitate and apply for it's very easy! Kindly get back to us: magmafincropp@gmail.com
    Whats-app us on +917428734439

    ReplyDelete
  11. Emergency Cash Loans Hello Everybody, My name is Mrs. Phyllis Sue South. I live in UK London and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $350,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 2 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $350,000.00 U.S. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs. Phyllis Sue South that refer you to him. contact Dr. James Eric via email: financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com Whats-App +918929509036

    ReplyDelete
  12. We can help you finance/loan (project funding) your business dreams through Commercial Lending for Asset Based Lending, Equipment Leasing, Commercial Real Estate Loans, Business Loans, Import & Export Finance, Capital Goods Financing & Leasing, Finance for import duties, Project Loans, Working Capital, Debt Consolidation.

    Mr. Apna M B +918099362729
    https://www.mbfinanceservice.com
    E-mail: mbfinance.ltd@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete


  13. We give out loans with an affordable interest rate of 3%
    Captain One provide Excellent and Professional Financial Services and we are known and genuine money lenders across the globe
    Our services include the following:
    Truck Loan
    Personal Loan
    Debt consolidation loan
    Car Loans
    Business Loan
    Student Loan
    Mortgage Loan
    Refinancing Loan
    Home Loan
    Improvement loan
    Construction Loan
    Please write back if interested with our interest rate:Kindly contact us via:abdullahonlinefinance@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete