Wednesday 26 February 2014

"I want to be RICH but I don't want to invest in Financial Knowledge"

Very often, I noticed people saying:

"I wanna be RICH, but don't want to spend money in gaining Financial Knowledge."

"I wanna be rich but I don't see the need to buy books on financials."

"I wanna be rich but don't see the need to spend money attending seminars to learn more about investments."

The problem is, this group of people are more willing to spend on CLOTHING, VACATION, CAR, FOOD, BAGS etc without any hesitation and yet they want to be rich.  

Investing RM1,000 to buy books, seminars, workshops is too expensive compared to spending on vacation, clothing etc (making others richer). 

This is the mindset of many people, which I call the 'Victim's Mindset'.

Let me now explain what the other group of people is secretly doing, YES! they are doing it secretly without you realizing it. The moment you discover it, very often they have already achieved certain degree of financial success.

I call this group of people having the 'Winner's Mindset' which usually only accounts for 10% of the population because of their distinct mindset. This group of people is actively investing in knowledge every single day.

They love reading online articles about financials, they love investing in books to learn more about money and investments. They love attending seminars and workshops to learn better and faster. They view the RM1,000-4,000 spent on books and seminars as an INVESTMENT and not a COST. They know that they will make BIGGER RETURNS in the future. They know that the opportunity cost is much higher if they choose not to invest in books and seminars. For example, the mistakes made by many in the way they manage their money and investments (Unit Trust, Stock Market & Property Market) would have easily cost more than RM4,000. 

The question is many don't know what they don't know, and some may only realize it many years later. 



Li Ka Shing (Richest man in Asia) understood this very early in his life. These are a few famous quotes by the man himself:

"I bought secondhand books whenever I had spare money and absorbed them before trading them in for more books. Even today I read before going to bed every night."

"Knowledge is not a guarantee of a life of riches but it does open the door to more opportunities. And recognizing more opportunities is really the best that you can expect." 

My Personal Experience
At age 17, I realized the importance of 'Alternative Education' because simply relying on mainstream education is insufficient as it does not exposed me to the area of finance and investments. I started investing in financial books and signed up for Azizi Ali free newsletter. 

I wanted to attend a few seminars but I could not afford it as they cost a few thousand ringgit. Books are my best friend then to expose me to the world of finance. 

Even now, investing in books & seminars is my priority. Every year, I would invest hundreds OR thousands of RM to gain knowledge. I discovered that the more knowledge I have, the richer I become. Next would be taking MASSIVE ACTION to apply the lessons in real life. 



As Warren Buffett often said: "The more you learn, the more you earn."

That's the main difference of mindset between a person having a 'VICTIM's Mindset' and one having the 'WINNER's Mindset'.  

So are you willing to adopt the 'WINNER's MINDSET' today?

I hope you do.

To sign up for my workshop, you can either email me at: writetogeorgeleong@hotmail.com or whatsapp me at 017-6593817. 

I wish you great success~^^


1 comment:

  1. Dearest Esteems,

    We are Offering best Global Financial Service rendered to the general public with maximum satisfaction,maximum risk free. Do not miss this opportunity. Join the most trusted financial institution and secure a legitimate financial empowerment to add meaning to your life/business.

    Contact Dr. James Eric Firm via
    Email: fastloanoffer34@gmail.com
    Whatsapp +918929509036
    Best Regards,
    Dr. James Eric.
    Executive Investment
    Consultant./Mediator/Facilitator

    ReplyDelete